Job Posting: Women's Health and Wellness Project Officer
TGFM is seeking a Women's Health and Wellness Project Officer to work on two main components:
1. Women's Health and Wellness Action Plan
2. Women's Health, Poverty and Discrimination Community of Practice.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the TGFM Coordinator and in collaboration with another project officer, the person hired will have the following mandates:
Women's health and well-being action plan
- Conduct an intersectional gender-based analysis (GBA+) of the Women's Health and Well-Being Action Plan 2020-2024 (PASBEF) and evaluate its impacts for Montreal women in consultation with local stakeholders.
- Consult groups that work with women and users on their needs and experiences in relation to the health and social services network and prepare a summary of these consultations.
- Disseminate this summary and mobilize to implement the recommendations resulting from these consultations.
- Ensure a link with the health and social services network and the community in order to organize concerted activities on women's health and well-being, including at least one activity to appropriate the PASBEF and its regionalization.
- Develop tools and projects with groups working on women's health and well-being.
Community of practice on women's health, poverty and discrimination
- Assess the needs for the continuation of the TGFM Community of Practice (CoP) on Women's Health, Poverty and Discrimination.
- Implement members' recommendations related to the continuation of the CoP.
- Present the recommendations from the CoP meetings to relevant stakeholders.
- Organize thematic activities for the members of the CoP in order to improve women's health and well-being by sharing analyses, solutions, experiences, tools and developing collective projects.
- Develop and facilitate the virtual community of practice (VCP).
- Ensure that documents and tools dealing with women's health, poverty and discrimination are available online.
- Ensure the recruitment of participants.
- Ensure the registration of new members of the VCP, train members in the use of the platform, manage comments and provide technical support when necessary.
- Ensure linkages with funders, including accountability by producing results reports.
- Develop linkages with external TGFM partners on the topic of women's health and participate in committees of some of these partners.
- Participate in the TGFM Health Committee and expand participation in the committee.
- Take notes at selected meetings and consultation events.
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work in a team, creativity, autonomy and initiative
- Good planning, organization and priority management skills
- Writing skills, good analytical and synthesis skills
- Experience in reporting to donors
- Ability to create and facilitate virtual or face-to-face communities of practice
- Experience in developing facilitation tools and frameworks and in participatory consultations
- Good facilitation, mobilization and leadership skills
- Experience working in a community and/or feminist environment
- Knowledge of women's health issues
- Mastery of computer tools (Office suite, social networks, Google)
- Bilingualism French/English - an asset.
Work period: At least 2 years, possibility of 3 years depending on funding.
Number of working hours: 28h/week
Salary and benefits: in accordance to the work policy (between $24 and $28 per hour)
Starting date: as soon as possible, maximum at the end of August depending on the candidate's availability
It is possible that a large part of the work will be done from home
Please submit your resume by May 3, 2021 at 9:00 am with a letter (40 lines maximum) describing how you will be able to perform the duties listed and how your experience prepares you to do so.
Selection Committee - Women's Group Table of Montreal
Interviews will be held on May 10th.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Equally qualified applicants from women who identify themselves as members of one or more discriminated groups will be given priority. Accommodations to perform the work may be discussed if necessary. Experience and diplomas acquired abroad are recognized.