Job offer: administrative and team support
The Table des groupes de femmes de Montréal (TGFM) is a regional organization that brings together feminist organizations to promote and defend the rights and interests of women in the Montreal region in all their diversity. The plurality of its members is one of its major strengths, as each of the member groups brings diverse experiences and points of view, while coming from different sectors of activity.
Reporting to the Coordinator, the person in this position will be responsible for planning and managing the day-to-day operations of the TGFM and supporting the work team in organizing activities.
- Classify, code and file accounts payable and various reports.
- Send transactions for approval to signatories and file them.
- Provide the necessary documents to the accounting contractor to ensure the production of monthly income statements.
- Ensure payment of government rebates, preparation of T4 forms, Relevé 1, GST and QST reports and other government correspondence according to established procedures and schedules.
- Manage petty cash.
- Prepare documentation for the annual audit.
- Issue invoices and ensure payment.
- Make bank deposits.
- Ensure the development of administrative tools.
- Ensure the continuous updating of databases and mailing lists of members and partners.
- Complete forms and liaise with suppliers and banking institutions.
- Make requests for quotations.
- Gather documents for funding requests.
- Purchase office equipment and supplies and maintain inventory of materials.
- Ensure the archiving of relevant documents.
- Create registration forms and surveys.
- Performs mailings.
- Receive emails firstname.lastname@example.org and mail and ensure they are processed and directed to the correct people
- Write, edit and format documents.
- With the Association Life Manager and the consultation, prepare and send the newsletter to members.
- Prepare the job board for the Facebook page.
- Update and format various documents.
- Perform technical tasks related to the IP telephone system, computer equipment and technological tools of the TGFM and support the work team in their use. (Ex.: creation of @tgfm.org emails, TEAMS profiles and Microsoft 365 configuration).
- Update the TGFM website, integrate content and ensure its maintenance.
- Distribute job postings.
- Create Excel documents.
- Write meeting minutes.
- Make accessible documents.
- Process membership applications, solicit members for membership renewal and payment of dues.
- Support the work team in the logistical organization of TGFM activities (e.g., general meetings).
- Provide support in responding to requests for accommodations and support to ensure inclusiveness of TGFM activities.
- All other tasks required for the smooth running of the organization and in accordance with the skills of the individual.
Priority will be given to candidates who identify themselves as belonging to one or more discriminated and/or marginalized groups. Accommodations to perform the work can be discussed if necessary. Experience and diplomas acquired abroad are recognized.
- College diploma (DEC) in office automation, administration or other relevant training or experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Excellent command of written French.
- Good knowledge of computers.
- Mastery of the Office suite.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the realities of the community and feminist environment.
- Organizational skills, rigor and management of priorities.
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Ability to adapt.
- Professional ethics.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Autonomy and resourcefulness.
- Flexible schedule.
- Salary: according to the salary scale in effect. Starting salary: $24.89/hour. Annual indexation and increase.
- Benefits: retirement plan after 3 months.
- Status: 14 hours per week.
- Duration of the contract: one year with possibility of renewal depending on funding.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Please email your resume by February 24 at 9:00 am with a cover letter (approximately 40 lines) describing how your personal, activist or professional experience prepares you for this position and what motivates you.
Send the letter to the Selection Committee -Table of Women's Groups of Montreal by email (email@example.com)
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Table des groupes de femmes de Montréal.