Montreal women's right to housing: we are working on it, what about you?
The launch of our report card on women and housing in Montreal is Wednesday, December 1st from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
As part of the 12 Days of Activism Against Violence Against Women, we are launching our report on women and housing in Montreal. This report highlights the impacts of the pandemic and the housing crisis on the housing conditions of Montreal women as well as the work of grassroots organizations.
We are hosting a launch on Wednesday, December 1st from 1:30-4:30 pm. This event is an opportunity to launch this report, but more importantly, it is an opportunity to engage in discussions to identify avenues of reflection, partnership and action to be undertaken to ensure Montreal women's right to housing.
- Brief presentation of the report
- Roundtable discussion with representatives of organizations working for the housing rights of Montreal women
- Workshops in sub-groups with the panellists and guest organizations.
- Plenary session to share our ideas, solutions and partnerships.
- Sally Richmond of Logifem will speak about initiatives to help women find adequate housing.
- Marina Boulos-Winton de Chez Doris will discuss how they support women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Sandra Babin du Réseau Habitation Femmes will introduce a social housing project in development.
Accessibility: simultaneous translation (English-French) will be offered as well as LSQ interpretation available upon registration.
This event is part of the Women and the City project supported by Women and Gender Equality Canada. The realization of the report is made possible thanks to the financial support of the Secrétariat à la condition féminine du Québec.