A New Action Plan for Social Development
On September 12, 2019, the Table des groupes de femmes de Montréal was present for the launch of the Plan d’action en développement social 2019-2020 ("Action Plan for Social Development 2019-2020") from the City of Montreal. With an annual budget close to $20 million, this new action plan covers three main axes and 24 concrete actions.
Here are a few:
1. A strategy for developing, using and sharing knowledge between municipal employees, including the GBA+ approach. The implementation of a differential gender-based analysis in municipal interventions allows the City to evaluate the potential repercussions of policies, programs or initiatives from an intersectional perspective that measures the impact of multiple discriminations.
2. Support for actions contributing to the fight against sexual violence in public spaces.
3. A $6 million annual investment to improve universal accessibility in 25 municipal buildings.
4. Municipal orientations will be defined to respond to the needs of LGBTQ+ communities over the coming months.
5. A strategy will be developed for building intercultural ties and fostering appreciation for ethno-cultural diversity.
Related page (in French): Pour une ville inclusive et solidaire: la Ville de Montréal place le développement social au cœur de ses actions, 12.09.2019