Survey on the experiences of LGBTQIA2S+ people with women's groups
La Table des groupes de femmes de Montréal wants to promote the inclusion of sexually diverse and gender diverse people in women's groups! This project is part of a collective process that seeks to support women's groups wishing to better welcome and include LGBTQIA2S+ individuals in their campaigns, services, spaces, and work teams.
To achieve this, we are launching a consultation to LGBTQIA2S+ people living in Quebec to learn more about their opinions and experiences with regards to women's groups. This consultation is carried out through a survey and focus groups.
The survey will help us identify the dynamics and practices that serve as obstacles to the inclusion and safety of LGBTQIA2S+ individuals within women's groups.
Who can respond to this survey?
- Any LGBTQIA2S+ person who has visited one or more women's groups, no matter how many times. You may have used group services, participated in group activities, or even been actively involved in one or more groups as an employee or as a volunteer.
- LGBTQIA2S+ individuals who have not visited women's groups can also respond to this survey. You will only be asked questions that apply to your situation.
This questionnaire is anonymous and confidential. Your participation in this survey is completely voluntary. The survey will take approximately 10 minutes.
We invite you to share the survey in your networks and on social medias using the following visuals!
If you have any questions or would prefer a paper version of this survey, you can email Anaïs Fraile-Boudreault at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Table des groups de femmes de Montréal is holding a series of focus groups for LGBTQIA2S+ people who have already visited or attended one or more women's groups, to further discuss their experiences.
- Group for people of sexual diversity who have visited a women's group;
- Group for people of gender diversity who have visited a women's group;
- Group for LGBTQIA2S+ people who have been employees, volunteers, or activists in a women's group.
The focus groups will be held in person in Montreal (dates to be determined based on registrations). Please note the focus groups will be held in French.
Compensation of $50 per hour will be offered for your participation. If you would like to participate, please send us your contact information at this link. Your personal information will be kept completely confidential.